26: Taryn Williams, Founder The Right. Fit and CEO Wink Models
Taryn Williams is one of Australia’s top young female entrepreneurs, named as a Finalist in the 2015 Female
Entrepreneur Awards, 2015 B&T Hot 30 under 30 and SmartCompany 30 under 30.
A former model, she founded WINK Models in 2007, a leading commercial modelling agency with over 650 talent and an annual turnover > $3million. Anthill Online named the company in its 2015 Australia’s Top 100 coolest companies.
Taryn recently launched, www.theright.fit, a digital platform that will disrupt the status quo among talent agencies and the clients that use them. theright.fit aims to revolutionise the modelling and talent industry by removing hidden commissions and bias and empowering users of the platform with the information and facts they need to make informed decisions about their next job or casting.
Taryn is a regular contributor to SmartCompany and Business Insider and recently spoke on the ‘Women in Tech’ panel at PauseFest 2016.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode
- The importance of having a mentor
- How to create a unique business, by ‘solving a problem’
- Not being afraid to share your idea
- The benefits of excercise and the power of doing less
- How to choose the right team
- To keep focussed and not compare your progress to others